Adios momma, poppa!

My parents just flew to Australia for a couple of weeks. That means I'm holding down the fort.
That could be a very dangerous thing!
So far, no one has gone hungry (to my knowledge), had any sort of car trouble (even with the snow), nor has my house burned to the ground (yet). I'm pretty sure if we can keep these things in order, the whole two weeks will be a success!
They left on Monday. I got home from work and my brother Sam and I took them directy to the airport. Then we gave them hugs and they left!
We drove directly home, with me verbally instructing Sam how to text, so that I would be a safe, non-texting driver.
Then I went straight to work trying to figure out a Halloween costume. But I realized that I would need to feed my family before I chased after my own ambitions. So I retired to the kitchen to get to work with my sisters, which led me to the discovery that all of my siblings needed Halloween costumes!
So I quickly invented my own recipie for enchiladas, had my sister make rice, and force fed them all. They said they liked it... heck, I liked it!! I thought it was a delicious dinner! But I had compeletly made the whole thing up as I was going. It was very delicious!
Then we had our own little FHE, and we all took off to the Halloween costume store where we found NOTHING appropriate or even reasonably priced.
So, FAIL on getting Halloween costumes, but PASS on taking care of the family. :D
Let's hope the next two weeks work out this well!

Comments

Matt said…
I think your adoring readers need an update on your Halloweenish adventures.