Covidookies

Sometimes I like to make cookies as a part of regular life. Not because we're quarantining, but because it's normal. And this COVID-19 quarantine, I assure you, really doesn't make much of an impact in my life. 
But today. 
I tried making cookies with Charlotte today. 
I really did.
I asked if she would like to, she understood, we got ourselves set up, put our matching aprons on, and melted the butter. (because we were doing the Alton Brown recipe.)
Then I discovered that we were out of brown sugar. 
But she was already measuring out 1/4 Cup of salt...
So I found a small chocolate chip cookie packet that we had gotten as a gift at Christmas. It required butter and water. 
So we made it. 
And she was all about eating the dough. And we added chocolate chips. And ate some of those too. And it looked really soft. So I added flour. And we baked them. 
And they turned out
Flat. 
And awful looking. 
Like they had twice as much butter as the bag called for. 
🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

So I gave her some cookie that we had made. And she was none the wiser and totally happy to eat a cookie!
But I was not satisfied. 
Because I had some melted butter that needed some brown sugar. 
So after she went to bed I asked Jacob what time the grocery store closed. He said 8. But Google said 10. 
So I went. 
At 9:30. 
It had closed at 8. 
However.
I had seen this week's video for the Crumbl cookie store. (Despite having unfollowed them months ago because I couldn't handle the constant temptation to go get them. Somehow their marketing strategy is annoyingly successful). And this is the week they have semisweet chocolate chip cookies. Which is the right way to make a chocolate chip cookie. And that one I REALLY struggle to resist.
So, since their lights were on (and the door was open? But the open light was off... No clear signals) I went right over. 
They closed at 10. Which gave me plenty of time to order my big, fatty, semi sweet chocolate chip cookies of my dreams. 

So, in reality, the COVID-19 panicking and quarantine is making a difference in my life. 
But is it a negative or positive impact? Because I'm totally happy to have these cookies, but not sure if it was better to buy them or make them.  
In addition, Jacob won't eat them with me. 
Again, positive or negative? Remains to be seen.

#supportsmallbusinesses #alonetogether #covidquarantine #normalcookies



Comments

JMaddox said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
JMaddox said…
#AmericancovidPatriot ? Too bad we have to self-isolate, so we can't share them. Quarantine behavior is hard on the diet!
Mrs. J said…
Hahaha. You are so real! I love it.