Yeah Toast!

Hello and Welcome to my life!
Now that I've finally decided to create a blog, I don't know what to write!
Well- that was short lived. I just realized that I wanted to write about how much fun I had on Saturday. I didn't have any idea, when I woke up, thatI would spend all day in my bare feet in my kitchen, cooking, peeling, de-pitting, and bottling peaches! I also made Jam, which was unexpectedly awesome. I didn't think it would be at first, especially because all my pleas for my sisters to help rendered useless and de-spiriting. But I put an apron on and really enjoyed that work. (too bad I didn't buy that pineapple apron in Williamsburg...)
Now a moment to reminisce... My mom used to make strawberry jam all the time. I loved it! I always knew that jam was supposed to be a cold food item, because it is stored in the refrigerator. But when my mom made jam it was warm and had foam on the top. This is not a quality of store-bought jams and jellies. I kind of hate grape jelly because the majority of my elementary school lunches were made with the five year food storage supply of grape jelly from the basement. But I digress. I loved the homemade stuff. I even liked apricot jam, although I have never been a fan of apricots. I would eat the warm jam, which went against all of my cold-food principles, and I found that I liked it. I even had to stop playing one day to bring my friends in so we could eat a piece of bread with warm jam.
With so many fond memories of making jam I should have expected to love making jam on Saturday, but whatever my attitude before was pointless because I really enjoyed what I was doing. It helped that I got into a system and was on a roll! Not only was I on a roll, but my jam was eaten on a roll. We didn't have any bread- now that we make delicious homemade bread which sits so well with homemade jam- there was none to be found. I had to scrounge for a piece of not-the-most-amazing-white-bread-roll. BUT- it was worth it because the jam was so good!
Now I can have my very own Peach Jam on my very own Secret Toast!!!! (And just in case any of you are confused, Secret Toast and Magic Toast are NEVER to be confused. Unless your name is "my favorite Tiffany Irvin" :D but even she is figuring out the difference.)...AND you must know that secret toast is the only way to eat toast, which happens to be a central pivoting point of my life.
YEAH TOAST!

Comments

Brittany said…
wow! it was good. If someone didn't know you, they would be completely confused. That, or they would think that you were sending subliminal messages, not from but to the government.
Andi said…
OHH bethany i think im going to really love your blog.. you write like a crazy and you can make plain old toast exciting.

Miss you<3

(i had to fill out a 'word verification' yakno to make sure im a real person and there were a bunch of q's and p's)
Brittany said…
Okay proud blogger slash expert toast maker, what is new on your side of town?