Sisters

So I wrote my big sister an email the other day. She and I have always been very close, but she was always two years older than me, and one grade ahead. I always had a friend at school until I was in the last year, because she had moved on. I didn't like being left behind, but one year I graduated from high school and she had been living at home, going to what was UVSC at the time. She finally decided to go up to BYU-Idaho with me. She found her husband really quickly, so now she just lives up there all the time. I come home every three months, but right now I'll be home for six. So, when she told me she had found a mouse in her house I sent her this email, which would be much cuter as a children's book- so you'll just have to imagine the pictures...

Sometimes your sister is crazy.
Sometimes your sister just does crazy things and wears crazy clothes and has crazy hair.
Sometimes your sister thinks you are crazy because you feed a mouse peanut butter on a plastic spoon.
Sometimes your sister comforts you when you are scared in the dark at night.
Sometimes your crazy sister is the reason you are scared in the dark at night.
Sometimes you do crazy things with your sister- but sometimes you have to stop your sisters' craziness before she really does climb out the window on tied-together sheets.
Sometimes you and your sister grow up.
And sometimes you both move out- but she moves out for reals.
Sometimes when you live at home and see your crazy sister being grown up and not as crazy it makes you wonder if she was always so crazy.
Sometimes your crazy sister thinks about you but decides not to feed the mouse in her house peanut butter.
Sometimes that crazy sister does crazy things like chase that scary mouse all around her new house!
And sometimes, when you hear the crazy things your sister is still doing, you remember why your sister is still crazy.
Sometimes sisters never change, and maybe that isn't so crazy after all.

Comments

Kara Ann said…
Aw I love this! :)