A congratulatory note

This is just a brief update and acknowledgement and note of congratulations.
My middle little sister is engaged.
My SISTER is ENGAGED!!
GAH!
This is the most exciting thing that has happened all summer!
Probably the most exciting thing for her since... well... probably ever.

This is the story of how the told me they were engaged.

They are the cutest little goobers and stopped by my apartment to make the announcement. I was kind of startled to see them because it was an unexpected knock on my apartment door at 11 o'clock at night. They are early-birds compared to me so it felt really unexpected and random to have them at my apartment.
After the initial randomness wore off I invited them in. They were holding hands and that looked... well, something looked ... off...
I realized her left hand was in her back pocket.
...
Left hand...
Left ring finger...
LEFT HAND!
I started making a dive for her left arm and just as I moved towards it she pulled it out to show me her ring.
Her perfect big stone for her perfect hands. I hardly saw it before I was screaming for joy with her!
I scared my poor future brother-in-law. He meekly snuck away to find a seat on the couch.
"What are you DOING Todd?!?! Get over here!" I made him come join our hug because, after all, none of this would be possible without him.
After I got a hold of myself I took a real look at her ring. It is perfect. It seems to simply call out her name. 
No wonder they picked that one out!

Comments