goooood morning

No, it's not morning.

But I thought that was an appropriate title since I haven't been on here in quite some time.

Time for some updates:

It's SUMMER!!!
(obviously)
I'm so excited for this! Summer is my favourite time of year. I have been dying for the last few months trying to catch up in my school work. I shouldn't stress myself out so badly about that stuff, but I just don't like schoolwork. Who is suprized? Not my mother. :)

I have officially decided that I need to do better at school because the first week after finals I got so bored with my life that I went out and found a second job. That's right. I'll be working two jobs this summer and maintaining a social life. That's it. That's all I'm going to do.

I have also set some goals, thanks to a good friend of mine. We each set 5. We set those goals in different areas of life: Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, Social, and Intellectual. 

My intellectual goal came easily, I had just talked to my mum who said my middle little sister gave a Family Home Evening about learning how to speed read. That inspired me to want to learn.
Today I practiced by catching up on some blogs ... okay. that doesn't really count. But I miss reading about all my blogging friends and their lives. 

Here's the most exciting news:
I moved!
Don't get me wrong, I really loved my last apartment. My roommates were great, and we are still friends. I was the first to decide I'd be moving and then two of them also moved.
I moved into apartment 109 to be roommates with some of my best and closest friends. One of them is the former RS President of my ward, one of them is my 4th cousin 1 time removed, the third has been my friend since the Jr. High. There will be a switch in the middle of the summer and the roommate from Cali will be back and the old RSP will be married. BUT! It is SO GREAT! I love these girls. This apartment feels like family. It feels like it should have been this way so long ago. I'm just glad it finally happened.
I have been planning on living here since somewhere in the middle of February. I'm felt the hand of the Lord in planting the idea in the heads of both me and Jessica. I feel like He has guided me to be here. There has been more guidance to get me here than I've ever had, when it comes to where I should live since I started college 7 years ago.

Woah. I'm old.

Although, I don't mind being old. As soon as I got past being 23 I was just fine with being old. And, even though I'm living in Provo, in the heart of LDS-YSA-land where the constant topic of both casual conversation and over-the-pulpit discussion is about getting married, I am happily single. I date. I have friends. I do hang out (contrary to Elder Oaks' advice... sorry, Elder Oaks...)... but I am happy where I am in life.
Now that you've had that random stream of consciousness, I'm going to sign off, run some errands, and get to my evening job.

Here's to hoping I'll be on here more frequently!

Comments