der Staubsauger

Remember how I just posted that I probably wouldn't be blogging much this semester so that I could focus my time and attention on my study of the German language and finding a job?
In my German class we have been learning words used in cleaning the house. One of them is Staubsauger.
Vacuum cleaner.
Can I just tell you how much I would love a new, sturdy, strong, dependable vacuum cleaner? I don't have one. My apartment complex has a vacuum system where you are supposed to share with your neighbors across the way from you. No one on my floor has a vacuum cleaner. Except for my roommate; she shares hers. Sometimes it makes me want to get married just because I know my Maddox cousins who have gotten married have received very nice vacuum cleaner for wedding gifts from the Maddox family. I don't think this would be taking advantage of the system at all, since everyone wants me to get married anyway. 
That settles it. I'm getting married. ASAP.
Oh wait, I need a groom...
Any takers? I mean, at the least you'll get a great Vacuum!

Comments