Saturday 25 Feb

One month ago was my half birthday. So today must be my 7/12thsday.
A couple of Saturdays ago I thought I missed the bridal shower for Shelby, my very first companion from the mission.  As it turns out, the shower was today. Despite the fact that I didn't have someone to carpool with and the intense winds blew walls of tumbleweeds across the roads, I ventured to South Jordan for the event.
It was so fantastic to see her and some of the other sisters from the mission.  But as we sat there I realized that all the other girls were either married or engaged. I was the only single person there.
Then Shelby pointed it out to everyone there.
Thanks. Thanks, Shelby.
Although it could have been worse. She didn't point out the part where  I'm not even anywhere near dating anyone.  Instead I came here and did that for myself.
This is the part where I usually come up with a plan of being pro-active to solve the so called, "problem." For example: going out to meet people in random places, inviting strangers and their friends to my apartment for a game night, hanging out with new friends and their cute roommates, facebook stalking recent male encounters. Or rather, networking to find some hunk-a-hunk-of-burning-love.
Instead I went to my mum's house. I worked on re-hanging all the pictures on the main floor.
Am I a little too comfortable being single or what?

Comments

Matt Maddox said…
Yes. I've got loads of buddies you can go out with ;)