kitchens.

To my mothers great dismay upon my recent stay at home, she has realized the lack of domestic refinement that I have. I think she discovered this because of the frequent requests that I cook dinner for the whole family. But I don't really feel a need to be in the kitchen.Which is really sort of a shame.Time in the kitchen usually ends up with a meal. Or that's how it's supposed to end. This process seems to be repeated far too many times in one day. Yet we must consider things such as need to eat several times daily unless we prefer to default to starvation. Unfortunately I'm not lazy enough to starve.
When it comes to actually making dinner I'm fairly okay at doing it. That is, when I know what to cook. And as long as I get to wear an apron. That's the only perk of cooking (but not the only time I get that perk, I also wear an apron while cleaning the kitchen. I happen to love aprons.)
Yet here I am, two days after Thanksgiving, the day after Black Friday, the day of an incredible Bridal Shower which was thrown by my mother, and she's tired. After posing an aimless thought about dinner aloud she went to take a nap. A nap at dinnertime? Mother? hmm... Something must be done or, I realized, we would have to fend for ourselves. 5 hungry kids. Saturday night. What could we even make for dinner? That's always the hardest part to decide upon.
Oh well. At least I can reheat leftovers.

Comments