SERVICE PROJECT finally a GO.

Today our YSA stake went to Thanksgiving Point to paint fences.
We tried it last week but it was raining. "Rain and oil-based paint don't mix." They said.
For me, a freshly-returned-missionary-with-no-social-life-or-skills-to-speak-of, the "not having a chance to be with people when you thought you would be able to be with people" was slightly devastating.
But today it happened. And it was slightly fantastic. What I mean to say when I say the word fantastic is that it was also slightly awkward and uneventful. Although very much worth the trip.
I just want to describe my four favorite moments of the whole thing... nah- make that five.
1. Getting licked and nudged by the cow while I was painting. And then watching him get Chalice.
as depicted here

2. Watching some random kid sing, the Dear Liza/Dear Henry song with himself. :)
3. Laying on my back and looking really awkward while painting the bottom of the fence and nobody even noticed or laughed.
4. Talking to Justin Cameron who knew he knew me but couldn't figure out how, and was suprized when I could tell him things about how he knew me... I sometimes feel like a creeper remembering that sort of stuff.
5. When a kid was about to ask me on a date and a leader walked by and told him to not leave without getting another donut... and my number.

Comments

Jeannine said…
Haha! SO great! I love this story. I love the picture of Chalice and the cow behind her. Love it. Did that guy get your number?