Creativity

I've been reading some blogs. Lots of blogs. A lot of random people's blogs. I've looked at how creative they are, and how they use their blogs to publish and share their creativity. Some people blow my mind with what they can DO! Whether it's taking pictures of beautiful things, either that they've created, or capturing beauty; or just writing: about life, or stories from their heads; or music or music videos they've created; people find ways to document their creativity. And it started to bug me. I want to be creative too!
The I started looking around at my family. I realized that everyone in my family has a different creative outlet, they just don't always publish them. 

I'm going to take a minute to brag about my family.


The Girls:
(be warned, there are many girls)
Beginning with my mum. She does home decorating. Re-upholstering, hanging pictures, painting the walls, building shelves in the garage, etc. A lot of this sort of stuff was done while I was away. But she loves writing  Thanksgiving poems and taking history and making it something that kids can understand.

The sister-in-law loves to be on stage. She sings and dances, most recently in Little Women
My older sister has started a photo blog, but she also does random arts and crafts sorts of things. Like, burning empty egg shells to create halloween ghosts...

One of my sisters does basically everything, including trying to create shoes that can warm up your feet- they're for the winter. 
One writes stories- like crazy. She sometimes sews capes to match the characters of her stories.
The youngest sister draws. and draws. and draws. Most of her drawings are of wedding dresses. She might be a little young... Just sayin'...


The Boys:
My little brother is into all sorts of schemes of money making and business plans.
My bro-in-law love performing, acting, being on stage, etc. 

The big bro told me that lately he's been drawing.
My dad... it might be working on the cars, or that's just something he gets to do. He actually has some literary creativity and comes up with fun poems and ditties.




But then I started thinking about myself. I don't feel like I have any creativity. Perhaps this is a part of the post-mission life experience. I don't remember what I do, what I'm good at, what my hobbies are. Before the mission I played Frisbee like a maniac. But I haven't played once since I've been home. 


So I went on a walk tonight, to take some pictures. Maybe I was intending to be like the big sis and be artsy in that way. I'll spare you the pain of my pictures. Okay, maybe not... I'll indulge and if you don't want to see them... shut your eyes!



So I couldn't get the moon to hold still in this picture, but it's a beautiful statue in the AF Cemetary that I had never seen before, (which is suprizing considering how often I walk there). As I walked up to it I saw it like this, not just the statute, in its own solidarity, but in the nature surrounding it. I saw them with the moon. It took me a few shots... and still not quite what I wanted, but I like how it was captured here best of all.


And this one is the kid brother.
(not actually from my walk tonight)
He had a pass of all passes and a big sister who's got time, a car, and a big soft spot for ice cream.
'nuff said.


After my walk I talked about this to the big bro. and his wife. They helped me see what one of my outlets is.
Parties.
That's probably why I've been on activities committees so often. I love to help people create and develop friendships with each other. I think people are the most important things in my life (which makes it odd that I went on a walk with myself tonight). But I've realized that I don't need to create in the same way they create. My blog doesn't need to sound like anyone elses' in the world! Why else would I title this blog, "Basically Bethany" if I didn't intend to be completely and entirely myself in a very published place? I kind of feel like this is my online, be-a-part-of-my-life, journal. 
If you chose to follow this blog, you now have a fair warning of just exactly what you are getting yourself into: Whatever the heck is in my brain- be it really long (like this one) or super short. If there is no consistency or cool videos or any entertainment value or really amazing stories in this blog, then So Be It. 
I'll just be chillin here.
Doing stuff. Creating things. Blogging.
and

Just Being Me. 

~ Basically Bethany ~

Comments