I found some old poetry..

I went through an old notebook, and found some poems I wrote. They're not really good poems, and I would love any suggestions and helpful hints about improving them.
... Perhaps I'll just start with one, just to not overwhelm anyone ;)

We had some friends over
to hang out tonight
Something was missing
It just wasn't right
One more person came in
and lit up our night!
we laughed and we partied
no more to sit tight
before we knew it
our time was up
he was late for curfew,
And we: Out of Luck!

(Basically, I just like how that ends!)

Since this is my own blog, I think I'm going to indulge myself with writing another poem down.

Nothing eaten
will help me sweeten
the bitter taste
of reject
in my mouth.
I don't understand,
I can't tell you how
without even knowing
you sure let me down.

Comments

Matt said…
You have a real gift for rhyme, girl. It sounds like you were just having a great time when you wrote the first one. The second one sounds a little sad.
Stacy Emmons said…
Um, that second one is my favorite! I like it a lot, even though yeah, it is a little sad.