Blow. My. Mind.

Today I am getting ready to teach a lesson from the Preach My Gospel book. What it really is preparing me for is my mission.
I'm one interview away from getting my mission papers sent into Salt Lake City! It is so close I can hardly believe it! I don't even know what to think of this all.

I've recently surrounded myself with lots of returned missionaries. But not just any RM's- I mean, I've learned how to be friends with the guys RM's since I turned 18. But Sisters! This is a whole new world! Not only has it been being friends with them, a lot of my friends, my age and younger, are leaving, or already gone on their missions. I get some weekly emails from one of my old roommates, as well as some typical updates from some of the guys from my home ward. And that has been such a pleasure, and such a habit that it will be weird for me when they all get home and I don't get any more letters.

But it has been so awesome to be surrounded by Returned Sisters. I've been able to talk with them about their missions and they've helped me understand that some of my fears are natural. Even knowing that they felt similar things to what I'm feeling now, has been so comforting to me.

I'm so grateful for this chance I have to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life. It really isn't very much time at all, and I want to do all that I can to make the best use of every minute I will have to teach these people how to return to God.

Comments

Whittron said…
sister RMs are the bomb. being one is like being in a secret club.