Anxious? I think so.

I am expecting to receive my mission call tomorrow. I can hardly believe how quickly this day has gotten here. I still don't believe that I'm 21. I don't even know how to handle the fact that my mission has already been assigned to me. That I am, in fact, going to leave home for a whole year and a half to spread the word of God to people, that right now, I don't even know exist. People I've probly never seen before in my life. Lots of questions are going through my head about where I will go- will it be foreign or stateside, will I speak my native tongue or learn Spanish, German, Italian, or even Canadian? What is going to happen to me? Will I be able to teach and share and learn how to recognize spiritual promptings from the Holy Ghost? How will I be brave enough to share things that are so sweet and sacred to me, with people I don't even know? I have a hard enough time sharing with close friends if I have the hint of thought that they will reject me or what I'm saying!
But I am at peace with what is coming. I know the Lord knows what I need to do, and where I need to go, and He will help me learn how to serve him while I'm there. I'm trying to learn what I can from others who have and who are serving. In fact, I would just like any knowledge I could get my hands on about what kinds of things ought to be done to help me prepare. The faith is in the preparation. And I want to be prepared enough that the spirit will be able to guide me to people in need as well as be able to bring to memory anything that I need to say and even the things I need to stand up and defend.
We'll see if I even remember to blog after I get my call, so you can know what's going on, where I'm going and when I'm leaving!

Comments

Unknown said…
AHH! SO excited for you! I just can't wait! I don't even know what to type because I am just TOO excited! You will be a wonderful missionary...don't worry about the little things. That's what the Atonement is for! You are going to be awesome and I can't wait to find out where you will be going!
Stacy Emmons said…
BEEF!!! I need to know!!!!