And Some More

I have been disgraced. I do not know if Ican even be considered a child at heart at present time.
This story is about a scooter which looks very much like this posted picture. Only, it looks more worn down and dirty...


Regardless of what the actual appearnce of the GUILTY scooter actually is, I am going to tell you the story anyway.

I work in Provo, and I live in American Fork. This means I have to find a way to get to work every day. On Mondays thru Thursdays I am able to catch a ride with my cousin, who lives in AF and goes to BYU Provo. On Fridays I have to fandangle my own way to work. Which, as of the last two Fridays, has meant: The Bus.

Basically I hate The Bus. Riding in a long vehicle, with a bunch of strangers, and losing all feeling of control over your own life. Next time you drive down University, watch out for the bus, and see if I'm not right when I say they make crazy lane changes, cutting people off and almost rear-ending others, in a most frightful manner! Regardless, I was on the bus, and at the bus' mercy for being on time to work.

The bus was all of four precious minutes late, and though I ought to have been worried, I wasn't. Only because I had a trusty little scooter to fly down the hill upon!

I made it most of the way down the hill, and I was making good time, when I realized that there was a very large gap in between the square of sidewalk and the piece of cement that turned into the curb. I tried to pop a wheelie in order to prevent a crash- which was successful, until the back wheel hit the stupid hole thing. Then I went sliding with my left knee on the ground, onto the street, only 15 feet from a very large truck.

I jumped to my feet, put my one flip flop back on, and ran across the street in a rush, 'cuz I felt really sort of embarrassed! I started scooting along again, when I realized, not only had I ripped a hole the left knee of my pants, I had ripped my big toe. And it hurt!

But, work awaited, and forward I must go! So, I rode along, hoping that my toe wouldn't fall off until I had at least shown my face in the door at work, and could vouch for myself being on time. I scootered and scootered and scootered along, until I got to a part where there was no sidewalk next to the road. I was very close to work by then, and thought that I would just walk the dangerous part, when I realized I could scooter along on the side of the road without major fear of getting run over. After all, The Bus comes no where near this part of town! So I resumed scootering. I quickly realized the huge four inch drop off from the asphault to the dirt and rocks, and just as my mind was contemplating what an awful fall that would be- BOOM!

I had crashed again.

I took a second to gather my thoughts, but before they were all gathered, "Blast and Wretch," I said. I had ripped a hole in the knee of my pants. And there was blood on it already. I got up, dusted myself off, and started on my way, when an older man, across the street yelled to ask if I was okay. "Yeah . . . These things were made for KiDS!" I let him know.

I made it into work in good time, dropped my scooter and my purse at an empty desk, announced my foolishness, and said I would return in a minute.
"I bet you feel about thiiiis big right now." One of the kids said, with his finger and thumb about an inch away from each other.

How right he was.

Comments