Back to School

Usually there is great excitement and anticipation for the first day of school, with only a little hint of dread or disappointment. Unfortunately for me, this is not how this semester has just started. Although I dearly love going to school at BYU-Idaho, I have been living at home for almost 7 months and I have settled in and become very very comfortable there.

Comfortable until I got sick on Saturday, the day before I was to go to Rexburg. First things first, I have not been sick enough to stay in bed since, probably... seventh grade day. Secondly, Matthew, Becky, Madeline, Jeannine, and Ryan were all at my house, Exciting day! Unfortunately, I had told my mother I was sick and she would not let me go out to dinner with all of them :( . Thirdly, my favorite cousin Kent was coming home from his mission that night, and I wanted to be at the airport to greet him. Needless to say, that didnt' happen. SO the day was kind of full of disapointments. At least I got to go on my hike with Thomas.
On Sunday I went to my ward for the first meeting, and then left to go to Kent's ward to hear him speak. He did a wonderful job, and I was so glad to be able to be there. I still didn't feel all the way better, but I had enough energy to move around and drive and all that sort of stuff.

While we were eating dinner I started talking to my favorite cousin Brittany and we ended up leaving the party so I could finish packing. We talked and talked and talked and it made me not want to go even more. I finished all the things that I needed to do. And my mom had gotten sick, so while Brittany and I packed we talked to her. When I was little, I told my mom, "I can't wait for Brittany to come over because then we can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk!" So we pulled out all stops on my last night home, and kept talking. This only made it harder to leave, but the time came and I piled into Jeannine and Ryan's car with all of their stuff and my stuff.

Part of the ride I sat and watched the clock. Every minute that passed I realized that I was another minute away from my family and friends and the place where I wanted to be. I was very quiet. Finally Ryan started talking to me. By the end of the conversation and car ride I knew I had to have a better attitude, because, like it or not, I was in Rexburg and I knew that this is where the next three months of my life will be. So I went into the next day with a new attitude.


Comments