Valentines Statement

I made a statement to the world on February 14th. It was not extreme or in any way obnoxious or loud, but it was a statement of my participation and celebration of St. Valentine's Day.
I wanted to celebrate the holiday in a meaningful way. I mean, too much mushy talk, and too many mushy is prone to leaving me feeling nauseated and ready to vomit, but the sincere expression of love to those you love is an important part of life. I don't mind that there is a whole day dedicated to it. In fact, I highly endorse that day. I just could not find a way to honestly celebrate it. I did not have a valentine. I did not even have an interest in anyone.
The colours of valentine's day are Pinks, Reds, and White. I could not actually wear those colours or celebrate with them, as already explained.
Many of my single friends were planning on celbrating SAD. Or Single's Awarness day. The proper way to do this is by clothing oneself in as much black as possible. This is a state of mourning for these single friends of mine.
So what could I do? I didn't have a valentine, but that didn't make me sad. I had to do something different. I had to make a statement to the world of my status. I could not celebrate SAD, nor could I properly honour Valentines. Those two holidays are represented by colours. I could dress normally, but that wouldn't represent how I really felt. I finally decided the best way to represent my opinion was by wearing something that showed the opposite of having a Valentine.
I wore green!

Comments