a perfect jacket

For as long as I can remember, my mother has had a couple of bright red sweaters with some simple, white sun design on the back of them. I guess I have read them one or two times in my life, but I never really paid attention to them. I've tried wearing them, mostly when I was elementary school, but I just have never had quite the build my mother has and they have never fit very well. She just wears them around the house when she's cold. Mostly in the mornings. I wore one to institute, even though it is getting old. I'm sure they're older than I am- that's a long lasting sweater!!!
But I digress... I just read her sweater and realized what it says. I'm still not sure what it's talking about, but I'm pretty sure that when she puts that thing on in the morning she is BOOM! Ready to go!
As life has been for me, lately, I don't like to wake up. As one of my friends from PineView put it-he hates getting ready for bed because once you're done you go to sleep and then you have to wake up and start the whole thing over again. EVERYTHING has to be done over again. This is life! I like to wait until the last minute possible to wake up. I'm having a hard time getting energy or seeing a reason to wake up in the morning, until I have obligations to fulfill to the world. I know this is a very selfish way to view the world, especially because the people I should look out for the most are the ones I am neglecting. In the few hours of the morning between when my family wakes up and when I have to go to work, I could be doing so many things. Mornings take a long time for me to recovery the energy I lost when I went to sleep. If I do actually start moving at a reasonable hour, I drag myself from place to place before I actually finall start to move and do things that are productive.
My mother puts the jacket on and all the energy of the previous day seems to be immediatly restored. Whatever is in that jacket, the technology that has kept it from wearing out for the past 20+ years, seems to keep her from wearing out. I think that the jacket in itself has the restorative powers.
This is a completely convincing argument. It can't be possible that she has just always decided to wake up and get going from the beginning of the day- that it is pure willpower and choice. nope. It's all in the two perfect jackets.
Where do I find one of those?

Comments

Jack said…
:D I LOVED this post, Bethany!! You should go to Good Earth, ask if they have that jacket ;) Hey, and i like how you tagged it "your mom" LOL! That's what Freud said!